We are happy to announce a new release of CASA Lib for ActionScript 3. The focus of this release was refinement, but we included a number of new features as well. See the change log below for the details. Special thanks goes to Jon Adams for his continued work on CASA Lib.
We have also published new documentation exported by the recently updated VisDoc. If you’re not familiar with VisDoc, we urge you to check it out.
Lastly, we wanted to publicly address a few questions we are often asked:
The first question we are asked is why there is such a long period of time between releases. The time between releases is spent testing each line of the code that is released. A lot of time is also spent on documentation; we take pride and making sure each function is described and clear examples are provided. We also use the pre-release version on a number of our client projects which go through professional QA before stamping a final release. That isn’t to say each release is flawless (we’re human), but we want to be as confident as we can that each release is production ready.
We are often asked a couple questions: Why doesn’t CASA Lib contain feature X? What is the scope of CASA Lib? In short, we designed CASA Lib as a foundation for building your projects—it was never intended to be a codebase that tries to do everything or dictates a framework. We often use CASA Lib in conjunction with many of the other great libraries and frameworks out there. We try to add features that are generic enough to be frequently used and can be easily built upon. We hope the library is versatile enough to be used on any Flash project, and that you find it as helpful as we do.
- Removed a cross-class constant initializer from StageEventProxy until Adobe fixes the issue.
- Fixed edge bug with VideoLoad that is only present in Flash Player 10.1.52.14.
- Fixed a bug in Stopwatch. Reported by Tim Walling.
- Fixed a bug in DateUtil. Reported by David Pett.
childrengetter to CasaMovieClip and CasaSprite.
formatin NumberUtil and rearranged the arguments to be move convenient.
- Updated NumberUtil‘s
randomIntegerWithinRangeso it returns a more evenly distributed random value.
- Updated StringUtil‘s
autoLinkto use an updated RegEx for improved URL matching.
targetCoordinateSpaceto alignment methods in AlignUtil. This means that no matter how many levels deep a Display Object in the display hierarchy tree it will align to the target coordinate space.
- Updated AlignUtil so it only aligns the properties selected.
- Updated Inactivity class to detect mouse wheel and clicks.
- Fixed typo in Error thrown by DrawUtil‘s
- Removed unneeded code from CasaShape.
- Made a private function protected inside of the UrlVariablesUtil class.
- Updated documentation to address typos, and add more examples and clarification.
1.4.0 Downloads & Documentation
Please note: We advise you to only use the latest release links. This way you can be assured that the version you are getting is the most up to date. We provide links to specific versions to be used in cases of forward compatibility issues.